UNILAG procedure for screening of and registration (For Candidates on RECOMMENDED Status Only)
The School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS), University of Lagos (UNILAG) has commenced the screening exercise of newly admitted candidates for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Screening Exercise which is a crucial step in the SPGS admission process is scheduled for 9a.m.– 3p.m. daily, till Friday, December 8, 2023. The documents required for the exercise are as follows:
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
- Original Credentials (for sighting),
- Screening Schedule/Appointment Letter,
- Admission Letter,
- Biodata Form,
- Degree Certificate or Official Transcript,
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate,
- Birth Certificate,
- Other Relevant Degree Certificates (if applicable),
- Professional Certificate (if applicable),
- Call to Bar Certificate (LLM candidates only),
- O’Level Results (MBA and SPESSC candidates only), and
- Evidence of Change of Name (with Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Advert).
All newly admitted students of the School of Postgraduate Studies, UNILAG are enjoined to note and act accordingly.
UNILAG Postgraduate Registration Procedure
- Click on ‘Student Login’ link at http://studentportal.unilag.edu.ng
- Login with your Application No as Matric No and your Surname (in lowercase) as your password. You will be required to change your password after login.
- Update your Biodata as appropriate
- From the dashboard, click on ‘Upload Documents’ and upload the following Original documents in colour:
- Degree Certificate
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration/screening exercise.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- Other Relevant Degree Certificate (If applicable)
- Professional Certificate (If Applicable)
- Call to Bar Certificate (LLM Candidates Only)
- O’Level Result Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Evidence of change of name for female only (marriage certificate/newspaper advert)
- From the dashboard, click on ‘Appointment’ to schedule a date for screening.
- Proceed to the School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, physically on the scheduled date and time for screening (This stage is not allowed by proxy; Candidates must obey Covid-19 Protocols; List of Documents required ).
- At the screening venue, pick a Prospectus for a non-refundable fee of N10,000.
- Upon successful completion of screening, commence Registration by generating bill online (on REMITA) and proceed to make payment either online or at any commercial bank in Nigeria. (Note that Obligatory and Tuition Fees are required before online Registration; Payment of Tuition Fee on Installment is allowable for Part-Time Candidates only
- Complete course registration form Online.
- Print two (2) copies each of Course Form, Acceptance Form, Biodata, Admission Letter, Payment Advice and Receipts.
- Sign Course Forms with Head of Department and University Bursar in that order.
- Graduates of Universities Outside Nigeria must provide the following in addition to the above (Admission Letter of First Degree, Transcript, Certificate & Travelling Documents during the period of study).
- University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, social vices and illegal activities. Any student found wanting shall loose his/her studentship.
- The University mandates everyone on Campus to observe Covid-19 Protocols.
- Candidates are advised to desist from patronizing 3rd Parties in the name of bloggers or business centers, etc.
- All new students MUST provide their original credentials for sighting at the point of screening
- Check All Latest Schools Gist
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.