Sharp Sharp: Gain Admission into 200 Level to Study in any Course in any University of Your Choice. NO JAMB | LOW FEES. Registration is in Progress. For more details, call: 0706 664 6818 or CLICK HERE

STUDY ABROAD: Further your studies abroad through Scholarships. Visit Now to find your desired international SCHOLARSHIPS and OPPURTUNITIES.

HURY NOW: Live, Work, and STUDY in Canada or any other country ABROAD with no stress. No payment until your visa is approved. CLICK HERE for more details or WhatsApp 09019196619

24-yr-old Student Electrocuted in his hostel while preparing for his meal

A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu was reported to have been electrocuted in his hostel room in the evening of Tuesday while preparing his meal.

Confirming the incident to newsmen in his office, on Wednesday, the Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu explained that doctors and nurses at the Institution’s clinic rushed the deceased to the Sir Yahyah Memorial hospital in the metropolis when they realised his case was serious.

The incident according to him took place sometime in the evening, he was rushed to the clinic in the school. When the medical doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly rushed him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

The Rector in a sober mood explained that when the parents of the students, who had visited the hotel and affirmed that the incident was an electrical accident came to the hospital, informed of their son death, requested for his corpse to be conveyed to Argungu his home town by ambulance for Islamic burial right.

“We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, however, dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that students sharing the hostel with the deceased merely vacated the hostel as part of respect for their late colleague.

Source: Nigerian Tribune

Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
Share via
Copy link