How to Check Admission Status on JAMB CAPS Portal with illustrative images. This page has been updated!!!
Starting from 2017/2018 session, all school’s were instructed by JAMB to upload their admission list on JAMB CAPS portal before uploading it on the school’s website.
Some candidates have been worried as they do find it difficult to check their admission status on the JAMB CAPS Portal, especially with their smartphones (mobile phones).
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated With JAMB Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow Our JAMB WhatsApp Channel Now
SCORE VERY HIGH IN JAMB: The easiest way to score high in JAMB is to start preparing early and study SMARTLY. Join the Allschool.ng's JAMB VIP Online Lesson and see why we are TESTED & TRUSTED by thousands. Click Here to learn more.
SMASH THE EXAM: Get familiar with the JAMB Exam Method. Practice JAMB Past Questions in a fun way. Study wisely with the ALLSCHOOL JAMB CBT App Click Here to learn more.
Hence, why we created this page, which will show you how to check your admission status on JAMB CAPS portal. This page will guide both mobile and desktop users.
How to Check Admission Status on JAMB CAPS Portal
Important: For mobile users, please ensure to use google chrome or phoenix browser for the steps below to work perfectly.
Step 1: Visit https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/. You will see a login page.
Step 2: (for mobile users only): If you are using a mobile phone, please make sure you’re accessing the portal with a google chrome browser. Also, make sure you switch the browser to a desktop site. To do that, follow the procedure below:
i) At the top right of your google chrome browser screen, you will see a vertical three-dotted line. Click on it.
ii) You will see various options.., click on the desktop site and allow the page to load successfully, then proceed with the next step.
Step 3: Enter your log-in details in the appropriate space. Make sure you entered the correct login-in details.
Tip: If you have forgotten your email, it is the same email address on your jamb registration slip.
If you have forgotten your password, on the login page, click on the password reset button.
Afterwards, enter your email address in the appropriate column and click on the Password Reset Button. You will receive an email, click on the link in the email and proceed to rest your password.
Step 4: Once logged, you will see a welcome notice just scroll down the page you will see Check Admission Status tab. Click on it.
FYI: You can also locate the check admission status tab on the left menu bar.
Step 5: You can either just select your exam year and click on the check admission status button.
If you have been admitted, you will see “Congratulations, you have been offered admission….“
If you haven’t been offered admission, you will see “SORRY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ADMISSION“.
Check Admission Status on JAMB CAPS Portal
If you want to check your admission status on the JAMB CAPS portal, then this section is for you.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to repeat steps 1 – 4 above. On the admission status page, click on the Access my CAPS button.
Step 2: Once the button is clicked, you will be redirected to the JAMB CAPS Page. Now click on the “Admission Status” tab located on the left menu.
Step 3: Once the page is loaded successfully, your admission status will be displayed. You will see one of the following:
- Case 1: If you see CONGRATULATIONS…, accept/Reject your admission and wait for further instruction.
- Case 2: If you see admission in progress, then be patient, the status will change in a few days/weeks. Just check back after some time.
- Case 3: Not Admitted, if in such case, please don’t give up yet! You might still gain admission. Just be hopeful!
You can click on “My O’level” to check if your O’level Result is on the jamb caps portal.
You can also click on the Transfer Approval to know if you have been transferred to another course
How to Access JAMB Transfer Approval
- Repeat steps 1-3 above to access the jamb caps portal
- From the left panel menu click on “Transfer Approval”
- If you have not been transferred to another programme, you will see “No Programme Transfer Consideration“
- If you have been transferred you will see the course and other details.
- After Pending Candidate’s Action, you will see a button, click on it (we recommend using a desktop computer or switch to desktop site via the procedure above)
- Click on “Accept”
- You should see “Record(s) successfully saved” in a green text
Confirm if you have Accepted Admission on JAMB CAPS
If you have accepted your admission, one of the ways to confirm it is by following the procedure below:
- Go to http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/capsadmission.aspx
- Select your institution category, your institution and, programme
- Click the Submit button. Then check your name on the list or enter your registration number in the space provided.
- Note that the list will only display the names of admitted students for that session.
Explanation of some JAMB CAPS Admission Terms
- “NOT ADMITTED” (or) “SORRY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN ADMISSION“: This is the first ever thing to appear on your JAMB CAPS which you may have seen already. It just means that you haven’t been considered for Provisional Admission yet. So you need to continue checking regularly okay? Please note that you must not stop checking until admission for 2020/2021 is over.
- “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” or “ADMISSION IS BEING PROCESSED: It immediately changes to this when you have been considered for admission already. There is a 98% chance that if you see this, you should consider yourself admitted already because it will definitely change only in few unheard case have the otherwise happened.
- “CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION” : It changes to this just few days or probably hours after it showed “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS”. This means that you have been considered for admission and you need to “ACCEPT/REJECT”.
This is one reason not to get too excited, calm down and accept your admission before celebrating. Excitement can lead you to reject the very admission you have been hoping for and that action is nearly irreversible.
That’s it! Here at Allschool, pray you have been admitted to your dream school.
If you have any questions, then use the comment box below.
- Check Out Trending Schools Gist
- List Of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are on Sale
- Top 5 Must-Have for Freshers in Any Nigerian Higher Institution
- 15 Types of Roommates You Will Find in School
- 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score
- Jamb Alternatives: 5 Best Ways To Gain Admission Into A University Without JAMB
- Ten Things Every Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Varsity of Poly
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.