The 2023 NECO GCE application form is now on sale! The cost of the form is N17,800. The closing date is Monday 13th November 2023.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates. Registration begins on Monday, 11th September 2023 and ends Monday 13th November, 2023 at 12.00 midnight.
Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system.
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
Recommended: NECO GCE Timetable.
NECO GCE – Application for Registration.
Prospective candidates who wish to register for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External, are hereby informed that registration for the examination has commenced.
The registration is both offline and online. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period.
Candidates can also create an account, purchase registration token and then proceed to registration point to register.
- Passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
REGISTRATION WEBSITE: www.neco.gov.ng
REGISTRATION FEE: The Registration Fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (17,800.00) only. Four-figure Table is Five Hundred Naira (500.00) only per copy. Waterproof Certificate Jacket/Folder is Two Thousand Naira (2,000) only per candidate. Note that Stamp Duty, Service and Remita charges apply.
NECO SSCE EXTERNAL MODE OF PAYMENT
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECO TSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
- The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
- WALK IN CANDIDATES can now register Six (6) hours to the Subject they intend to write.
- EXAMINATION CENTRE CANNOT BE EDITED after upload.
- Candidates or cybercafé operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on www.neco.gov.ng for instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cyber cafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online. vi. Candidates are entitled to ONE-TIME CORRECTION with a validity period of TWO WEEKS after upload.
- Note that:
- complete change of name will not be entertained
- ONLY ONE out of these two: NAME (either Surname, First name or middle name) OR PASSPORT can be corrected in addition to other registration data.
- Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
- Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates.
- Candidates would be informed about the viability of their centres at least a day before the date of the Examination.
- Smoking, bringing into the Examination Hall Electronic Communication Gadgets (Programmable Calculators, Mobile Phones, iPad, Tablets, Smart Wrist Watches/Glasses/Pens Etc) is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple registration is not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results canceled.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of Examination.
NOTE: In order to upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either have an online account or have it created for him/her by a cyber café Log in to the created account and purchase registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
I. The registration period begins on 11th September, 2023 and ends on 13th November, 2023 at 12.00 midnight.
ii. Late registration ie. registration done from 14th to 19th November, 2023 will attract payment of ADDITIONAL Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) only.
iii. Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (#25,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AND EXAMINATION TIME TABLE:
On completion of the registration process, each candidate must obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- At least One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photo card, which would be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following
a) The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
b) An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
c) A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
d) A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
e) A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.
CANDIDATES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS AT NECO STATE OFFICE FOR STAMPING.
VISUALLY IMPAIRED CANDIDATES:
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
The Examination centres for each state have been grouped into Neighbourhoods. Candidates should select a Neighbourhood within the State where they intend to sit for the Examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighbourhood after uploading their registration data online.
AVAILABLE SUBJECTS FOR NECO GCE:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Isalamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
PROFESSOR DANTANI IBRAHIM WUSHISHI Registrar/Chief Executive
- Check Out Trending Schools Gist
- List Of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are on Sale
- Top 5 Must-Have for Freshers in Any Nigerian Higher Institution
- 15 Types of Roommates You Will Find in School
- 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score
- Jamb Alternatives: 5 Best Ways To Gain Admission Into A University Without JAMB
- Ten Things Every Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Varsity of Poly
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.