The 2023 WAEC GCE Second Series Registration Will Commence from Saturday July 10, 2023. The Closing Date has been extended till on Friday 13th October, 2023. The form cost N18,000.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), GCE 2023 second series intending candidates are hereby advised to seize this opportunity to purchase the PIN and register before the registration closes.
LATEST UPDATE: WAEC extends 2023 GCE (2nd series) registration deadline.
This is to inform the general public that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has approved an extension of the registration period for the 2023 GCE 2nd Series. The registration deadline has now been extended to 13th October, 2023. Interested Candidates should make use of the opportunity to register and complete their registration.
The registration commenced on Monday July 10th, 2023 to 13th October, 2023.
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
RECOMMENDED: WAEC GCE Time-Table.
The examination will be urban-based and will be conducted at a period to be announced in due course. Thirty-Six subjects will be available for the examination.
Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website –www.waecnigeria.org– to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
English Language and Mathematics have been automatically selected for you because they are compulsory. You are required to select the other subjects you wish to register for in this examination. Please note that a minimum of Seven (7) and a maximum of Nine (9) subjects are allowed (English Language and Mathematics inclusive).
REGISTRATION FOR THE EXAMINATION.
Registration for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023 — Second Series—will be online. After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to www.waecnigeria.org for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
WAEC GCE Registration Period | Second Series
- The normal registration period is from Monday July 10th, 2023 to 1st October, 2023
- Prospective candidates are urged to take advantage of this opportunity as this will be the final call for registration.
- Further, candidates who may wish to register for the examination after the close of the entry period will be considered as Walk-in Candidates, provided the walk-in takes place less than 24 hours before the paper.Thank you.
- Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
How To Apply for the WAEC GCE Registration
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira only (N18,000) at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration PIN and the information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc;
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd;
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc;
- Access (Diamond);
- First City Monument Bank Plc;
- Skye Bank Plc;
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc;
- Ecobank Ltd;
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc;
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc;
- United Bank for Africa Plc;
- Fidelity Bank Plc;
- Heritage Bank Plc;
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc;
- Unity Bank Plc;
- WEMA Bank Plc.
- Polaris bank
- Jaiz Bank
In addition, candidates will be required to pay Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates”, provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidates” fee is Thirty Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N30, 500.00), only.
See more details on the WAEC Walk-in-Candidates Page
Candidates with Special Needs
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their challenges eg. Blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
Completion of Registration
Candidates must complete registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure their names, date of birth, passport and other personal details are correct. They are to also print the admission notice/ photo card as evidence of successful registration. Which will serve as identification during the examination.
The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.
WAEC GCE Approved Subjects.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Second Series 2023
|List of Approved Subjects|
|COMMERCE||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||ECONOMICS|
|GEOGRAPHY||GOVERNMENT||ISLAMIC STUDIES||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH|
|CIVIC EDUCATION||ENGLISH LANGUAGE||FRENCH||HAUSA|
|IGBO||YORUBA||FURTHER MATHEMATICS||GENERAL MATHEMATICS|
|HEALTH EDUCATION||TECHNICAL DRAWING||FOODS AND NUTRITION||VISUAL ART|
SELECTION OF PREFERRED EXAMINATION TOWN.
You are required to select the state and town you wish to write the examination. The exact centre will be automatically assigned to you by the system. Please note that you cannot change your examination town after submission
CLICK HERE to view your EXAM TOWN.
Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website –www.waecnigeria.org – to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Here at AllSchool, we wish you all the very best of luck in all you do!.
- Check Out Trending Schools Gist
- List Of Schools Whose Post UTME Forms are on Sale
- Top 5 Must-Have for Freshers in Any Nigerian Higher Institution
- 15 Types of Roommates You Will Find in School
- 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score
- Jamb Alternatives: 5 Best Ways To Gain Admission Into A University Without JAMB
- Ten Things Every Jambite Must Know Before Entering The University
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Varsity of Poly
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.