Young Nigerian Man, Emeka Nwarulor, who quited school to relocate to Canada has shared the lessons he learned from such decisions
Taking to LinkedIn to share his lessons, the young man started by narrating how he in 2015, he left Nigeria with uncertainties.
In his words:
“6 years ago I made one of the toughest and most uncertain decisions of my life…
“I relocated to Canada from Nigeria.
“I was few months from turning 29, about to miss my first flight to Canada. (Picture on the left)
“This would be my first time on an airplane.
“Yes, you heard that right, the first time on a plane. 😂
“You can imagine the tension of being on the plane for the first time and you are going to be on the plane for almost a day. 😂
“I had just resigned from a job I enjoyed.
“I dropped out of a Masters program.
“I put a pause on the brand I was building.
“With 3 bags (2 in the picture) and a dream.
“I made a decision to move.
“I remember the uncertainty in my Dad’s face when we drove to the airport that day. I wonder how he summoned the courage the take this picture.
“I remember a colleague telling me that I had lost my fire.
According to Emeka, below are the lessons he learnt during his stay in Canada:
- Your journey will be spiced with ups and downs, don’t settle, don’t quit.
- Life is in stages, dreams are in sizes, embrace the process.
- To go up, you must, look up, stand up, speak up, show up.
- Surround yourself with people who want growth in their life as much as you do. Growth is intentional.
- In all thy getting get understanding. Seek underSTANDing like your life depends on it.
- Resist the urge to self-sabotage. You matter, your story matter, your voice matter.
- Follow peace with all men, but flee from those who try to steal your peace.
- If you know better, you will do better. Go for knowledge. Make learning a lifestyle.
- When you seek to add value where you are, you gradually become a person of value
- Pay attention to principles, philosophy, ideology, perspectives in all you do.
- Be grateful. You are not where you used to be.
He endedhis post by giving God the Glory for all his doings.
A look at Emeka’s profile reveals that he is currently Senior Program & Policy Advisor to the Government of Saskatchewan (province in Canada), Career Coach, and Public Speaker.
He also help individuals develop their personal brand for growth, visibility & impact.
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.