The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read for all newly admitted students and returning students]
Note: This article was fully written by Michael Chuks, 300level student of University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).
My name is Michael Chuks
I wish to share Academic tips.
Basically this tips is actually for first years but it still applicable for others, mostly the science students and is not for everyone…
TOPIC: LECTURE HALL ( The Struggles and How to Excel).
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
Few years ago as a fresher, I was actually thinking that all courses will be done in my department, just me and my course mates not knowing that we will be having lectures together with other departments and even faculties.
Courses such as CHEM101 you’ll see students from different faculties inside one lecture theatre, just imagine the population. The question is, how do you survive? Going for GS classes and discovered that the front row seat has being taking and no public address system?
Most times you can’t even see the board nor hear the lecturer. some students just get discouraged and stop attending lectures because of the population.
This are few steps that can help:
- Make plans every night ahead next day lecture: Your wears, and books should be in order.
- Wake early, if possible 2 hours ahead your morning lectures.
- Don’t just struggle to seat at the front but struggle to seat where you can see and hear the lecturer.
- Avoid unnecessary discussion during lectures and pay attention because sometimes the lecturer can actually ask questions which inturn might be your exam question.
- Ask question if you don’t understand but if you are too shy write your questions down and forward it to the lecturer.
- During the day, reverse your note book, if possible pick that particular topic that is deficuit and watch the tutorial video on YouTube. Note WiFi is not for movies alone but also try to utilise it.
- Finally, stop seeking for pleasure in lecture hall. Strive for excellence.
And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.
There’s a pathway to knowledge and that way is CHRIST JESUS.
Thanks for reading 🙏
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.