The Vice Chancellor of Al-Qalam University in Katsina, Prof. Nasiru Musa Yawuri, said 104 students graduated with first-class honours out of the 9,894 graduates from the 2016 session to date.
Prof Yawuri disclosed this while briefing newsmen in Katsina yesterday on the preparations for the university’s second combined convocation scheduled for November 25.
He said during the convocation ceremony, 139 postgraduates will also be conferred with different honours including seven Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D), 125 masters as well as seven postgraduate diplomas (PGD).
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
“We are going to honour and celebrate graduates from the 2016 to 2023 sessions, which means on Nov. 25, we are going to confer degrees on graduates for eight sessions.
“This is to say specifically that we are preparing to ensure that graduates of this 2022/2023 session are also going to be celebrated at the convocation ceremony,” he said.
The vice-chancellor said a Qur’anic recitation competition has been organised for the graduating students.
According to him, winners of the Qur’anic recitation competition, both the female and the male categories, will receive N1 million each.
Four eminent personalities will be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees including the Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumin Kabir Usman; Emir of Kazaure, Alhaji Najib Hussaini Adamu; Alhaji Sani Zangon Daura, and Alhaji Abdulsamad Isiyaka Rabiu, the VC said.
- Check All Latest Schools Gist
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.