National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to Conduct Mandatory Fitness Test For Prospective Corps Members.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), has announced that it will henceforth, conduct a fitness test at the various NYSC Clinics at the Orientation Camp to verify the fitness of all prospective corps members before the orientation program.
The Director of Press and Public Relations of the scheme, Eddy Megwa, who made the announcement in a statement issued on Tuesday, November 1st, said the policy will take effect from the 2022 Batch ‘C’ Orientation Course.
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
According to the statement, the review was borne out of the need to ensure the safety of corps members due to the physical demands of some activities that take place during the orientation program.
He explained that in the past, corps members were required to present a Certificate of Fitness from recognized public health facilities to enable Camp Officials to manage those who are not fit to undertake certain activities in the Camp, however, most of the certificates presented were found to have been faked and forged.
The Scheme warned that “Prospective Corps Members should note this information for compliance.”
- Check All Latest Schools Gist
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.