Deputy President of the Senate, Barau Jibrin, says preparations are in top gear to commence postgraduate foreign scholarships for indigent students who graduated with first-class.
Barau stated this when he hosted the leadership of the Students Union Government (SUG) of the Bayero University Kano (BUK) at the National Assembly.
He said the students would be sponsored to study courses in Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology and Engineering, among others.
DON'T MISS OUT: Stay Updated with Schools' Latest Updates on WhatsApp. Click Here and Follow our WhatsApp Channel now!
He said the scholarship programme would be carried out through the Barau Jibrin Foundation.
“By God’s grace, in the next few months or weeks, graduates from Kano North will be sponsored abroad by my foundation (Barau I Jibrin Foundation) to study different courses. We will sponsor those with the first class for postgraduate studies in fields like Information Technology (IT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Engineering, among others.
“As you are all aware, we are currently disbursing scholarship support to all the students from Kano North Senatorial District who are studying in tertiary institutions across the country as part of our efforts to ease the hardships they are facing,” he said.
President of the SUG, Auwalu Lawal Nadabo and the Vice President, Naja’atu Muhammad, in their separate remarks, commended the Deputy President of the Senate for contributing towards addressing the challenges facing the education sector.
- Check All Latest Schools Gist
- How to Save More Money As a Student
- The Struggles of Lecture Hall and How to Excel [Must Read]
- Some Profitable Businesses To Run On Campus As a Student
- 10 Tips to Study Late at Night without Sleeping
- 25 Etiquette (Good Behaviour) You Should Never Forget
- 10 Secrets to Making Straight A’s in Higher Institution
- Mistakes Students should never Make in Tertiary Institutions
Thank you so much for reading. We will appreciate it if you share this with your loved ones.